Well things don’t always go as planned. This was the case against the Wildcats. The dawgs came but in the end, didn’t have the legs to finish. A 12-0 run by the Wildcats to start the second half didn’t help matters at all. This was also not the way you would want to send out the seniors. As I wrote yesterday, they have played and practiced and made the start to what many think is a move in the right direction.
Some highlights and lowlights.
- I got my picture made with Charles “The Round Mound of Rebound” Barkley
- We saw a sellout crowd, granted I would say there were several thousand fans in blue. This has to change.
- We saw a breakout game by Jeremy Price (20 minutes - 7-11 FG, 5-5 FT, 6 Reb, 19 points)
- We saw the fire in the eyes of Coach Fox when Travis got hurt and the refs wouldn’t stop play.
- We saw a team in Kentucky that had to fight to get this win.
- We had an off night by Trey and Travis (This is never a god thing for the Dawgs.)
- We saw the drain of a season of fighting for 40 minutes a night catch up to the dawgs.
- I meet Ryan from Bulldawg Illustrated as well.
- Coach Calipari gave some props to the Georgia Team and Coach Fox.
Bernie had a good write up of the events last night, so I’ll leave the rest to him.
I’ll close with a few images from last night.
Halftime with the Dance Dawgs and the UGA Drumline